Friday, June 10, 2011

A little sweetness

I am having a nice quite day at home waiting for a delivery today so decided to do a little baking.

First off I made these choc chip cookies.  They are more of a soft shortbread-y cookie than a chewy cookie but are totally moreish!


250g butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tin condensed milk
1tsp vanilla essence
3 cups flour
2tsp baking powder
1 cup choc chips

Cream butter, sugar, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Sift in flour and baking powder and add chocolate chips and mix until combined.  Roll teaspoonful of mixture into balls, place on a baking tray and flatten slightly with a fork.  Bake at 160c for approx 15minutes and golden.
This mixture makes a big batch of approx 50 cookies so you can half the ingredients if you only want a small batch. 

Now with 1/2 a can of condensed milk left I had two choices, pop it in the fridge (which is another way to say "eat a spoonful every time you open the fridge door until it is gone) or use it in another recipe.  I choose another recipe, so here is my Mum's yummy chocolate caramel slice:


125g butter
75g sugar
1 egg
150g flour
1tbsp cocoa
1 tsp baking powder

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the egg and then dry ingredients.  Press mixture into a baking tray lined with baking paper. (my tray is approx 26cm x 17cm).  Bake for 15mins at 150c.

While the base is baking melt all of the following ingredients on a low heat:

75g butter
3/4 cup sugar
2tbsp golden syrup
1/2tin condensed milk
2tbsp flour
1tsp vanilla essence.

Spread over the cooked base and return it to the over for a further 10minutes.  When cool ice with chocolate icing (mine will be iced when my husband gets home from work with some icing sugar for me ;) )

I'm thinking my family will be happy to see the pantry stocked with these treats when they get home this afternoon!

Hugs
{ shannon }

               xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shan yum!!!!!! I got the ingredients for mars bar slice today :-)

    ReplyDelete